UGNs 6th Annual Day of Caring is just around the corner!
Now's the time to register your Day of Caring project!
Registration Deadline: August 15th
Are you a nonprofit or public agency in Jefferson County? We would like to invite you to join us this year for the 6th annual Day of Caring on Friday, September 16th. Day of Caring really is a great way to connect with the community while getting an essential project accomplished for your organization.
Day of Caring Info Session: August 1, 10:00 am at St Paul's Episcopal Church
UGN is hosting a Day of Caring information session next Monday, August 1st at St Paul's Episcopal Church from 10:00 -11:00. Come and learn about what hosting a Day of Caring project entails. You might think, Day of Caring is not for us. Come an learn why Day of Caring can work for all of our partners!
One-on-One Coaching: Need any coaching, stay for a little after the information session and get some one-on-one time with Emily or Nikki. We (Emily and Nikki) would love to connect with you!
To register a project, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Jefferson County 501c3 nonprofit, school, city, park, or community group
- Have liability insurance for volunteers (if this is a barrier, give me a call and we can work around it)
- Be able to provide all supplies necessary for the project and cover all costs associated with the project (there are some small grants available for our partner organizations to help with project costs)
- Have a dedicated staff person who will be in charge of communicating with United Good Neighbors and with the volunteer group before Day of Caring and supervising volunteers on Day of Caring.
- Have read and accepted the Day of Caring Partner Agency Agreement
Steps to registering a project for Day of Caring
- Login into your Get Connected Jefferson user account and select "my organizations" (in the black bar at top of your profile page. (Not registered with Get Connected? Click here to register)
- Click on the "Advanced Event" Tab
- Click "Add Need" and complete the project information.
- Your project submission will be reviewed and approved by United Good Neighbors.
- You will receive an email confirmation when your project is approved.
Check out the photos
from Day of Caring 2015!